Nature and Aims
This congregation is a part of the Body of Christ. Hence, every member should be united in a living faith with the Head of the Body, our Lord Jesus Christ.
The aim of this congregation shall include:
• Worship the Lord with reverence and praise.
• Minister to the Body of Christ by being the Light of Christ and hope of salvation in this community and throughout the world.
• Minister salvation to the unsaved of this community and throughout the world.
This congregation seeks to fulfill its aim by the guidance of the Holy Spirit through consistent individual and corporate prayer lives, steadfast adherence to the Word of God in private and public worship, the regular use of the Sacraments, to cooperate in the work and service of whatever Synod or Association with which this congregation is affiliated, the prayerful and financial support of home and foreign missions, and judicious exercising of the Gifts of the Spirit.
- We accept and believe in the Holy Bible as the complete written Word of God and preserved to us by the Holy Spirit for our salvation and instruction.
- We endorse the statement on the Word as Found in the United Testimony on Faith and Life and would quote here the following: "We bear witness that the Bible is our only authentic and infallible source of God's revelation to us and all men, and that it is the only inerrant and completely adequate source and norm of Christian doctrine and life. We hold that the Bible, as a whole and in all its parts, is the Word of God under all circumstances regardless of man's attitude toward it."
- We reject any affiliations or associations which to not accept the Bible alone as definitive for the life and practice of man and the church.
- We submit all religious teaching to the test of 2 John 7–11 "For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist. Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works."
- We endorse no one version or revision of the Bible to the exclusion of others. We recommend all which are reverent and true translations.
1913 3rd Ave NW
E. Grand Forks, MN 56721
Phone: (218) 773-2357
Fax: (218) 773-7561